Financial & Banking allies
Banco Ficohsa received funding from diverse sources, including local financial institutions, as well as major international development financing players, such as:
- International Development Bank (IDB)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC),
- Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI)
- Proparco, Development Financial Institution, which is partly owned by Agence Française de Développement
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- FMO, among others
in December 2016, Ficohsa received a US$30 million subordinated loan from a group of multilateral agencies, which will be partly used to fund loans for SMEs. The lenders were the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC, an affiliate of the Inter-American Development Bank that provides financing to the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean) and the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), a development finance institution established by the members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
In November 2016, Ficohsa and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) signed an agreement for the implementation of banking initiatives for women in Central America.